martedì 26 giugno 2012

Book Under Spotlight: Superheroes Wear Faded Denim

Superheroes Wear Faded Denim
Author: Law Reigns
Published: May 20th 2012
Number of pages: 428
Purchase: Amazon

Synopsis:

Blissany Cherry is tired of sleeping around. Her neurologists’ sleep solutions have failed her. Now that her bizarre sleeping habits have begun to include week long dreams she has resorted to her own methods for a cure.
METHOD ONE: CONTROL DREAMS. All attempts to morph dreams about a gorgeous warrior into romantic fantasies are thwarted. He keeps on insisting she is destined to marry a great king and lead their armies into war. At the end of every dream he asks her: will you fight the war and save mankind?  
She laughs in his face.
METHOD TWO: RESIST! Blissany has plans for her life. None include fighting an intergalactic war.  When her dreams begin spilling over into reality, she is forced to make a decision that will forever redefine her life. Standing between destiny and desire, she is left with only one option.
METHOD THREE: SURVIVE.

Aren't you curious about this book? So intriguing! And now for your joy, my readers, the author has kindly provided me of an excerpt of her book: 
The Little Wife:
Excerpt from my new adult fantasy romance, Superheroes Wear Faded Denim.
Wanikiya Worhoarse may be a distant, wealthy bachelor with dark secrets, but he has a heart. One he wishes to share with Blissany. Having kindled a deep friendship with Blissany unlike any he has ever experienced, he finally musters up the courage to confess his true feelings.


“Don’t insult my intelligence, Blissany. You are my best friend. I have fallen in love with you over the last 4 years. I want us to be more than friends. I want you to be my own body, my own flesh.”
That was his odd way of saying he wanted to make her his little wife. She swallowed. She could just imagine it. At first he would give her the world, spending thousands of dollars to make her wedding everything that she wanted. Demi would be so jealous. Then when they finally married, she’d be expected to do nothing. Wanikiya would go off to work every day leaving her to achieve her dreams of becoming an artist. He’d buy her gifts like BMWs and trips to Maui, feed her steak dinners, and take her on weekend excursions to Europe. What about sex? She imagined they would have missionary sex which would inevitably become dull after several years of marriage. The allure of the money would wear off as well. Sooner or later Wanikiya would age beyond her level of human understanding. He already had the wisdom of a 70-year-old seer.
What would he be like when he was 30? He’d probably start speaking to her in psalms, developing expectations she become a religious leader like him. She’d fail miserably. He would become disappointed with her. She’d want lots of sex. He would think she was a fiend. Soon enough she would be known as that little wife who failed to rise to her husband’s standards. Pictures of her straying off to have love affairs would become viral video blogs.
“Oh God no,” Blissany began in horror. The image was an ulcer festering in her mind. “It wouldn’t work out. I can’t.”
The force of her declaration threw Wanikiya backwards. He stuffed his hands in his pockets, searching for something to say. He held secrets in his eyes, deeper thoughts he didn’t want to share with her. There had never been any secrets between them, but just before Blissany could ask him what was on his mind, he asked, “What if I told you I’m not who you think I am?”
“Who are you?”
“I’m serious. What if I told you those people you asked about were vampires?”
She was beginning to lose patience with him. Her whole day was going crazy. The one person she needed to give her sanity was not being any help. “I’d say you were mean for making fun of their pale skin color.”
“What if I told you I could fly or those animals out there are angel-like beings from another realm transformed into animals? If you went up to them to talk, they’d talk back.”
“Wanikiya, I’m not marrying you. If you flew out that window to talk to some flamingo it would only prove I’m not the woman for you. The kind of guy with those kinds of skills needs a spectacular girl. I’m not a spectacular girl.”
“I think you should believe in magic. It would make what’s happening easier for you to handle.” She refused to accept what she was hearing. “We live in this normal world where birds fly and people talk. If that world exists, where people fly and vampires live, I don’t want to know about it because normal people don’t know about it.”
Wanikiya laughed. “So you just want to live in ignorance?”
“I don’t want to be that emo kid who’s the only one in the world that knows vampires exist. That’s not normal.”
“You’re not normal.”
“My mother says I am.”
“Maybe your mother doesn’t understand normalcy.”
Maybe mother didn’t. Wanikiya sat on the edge of the window pane. He rested his head against the wall, staring out at all the animals who were staring in at him. She figured he wasn’t going to say anything more.
“I’ll see you next Sunday.” She cautiously backed out of the room.
He never turned to watch her leave.

Connect with Law Reigns: 
Website: www.lawreigns.com Facebook page: www.facebook.com/Authorlawreigns Facebook Friend Me!: www.facebook.com/lawreignsupreme Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/lawreignsupreme Goodreads: www.goodreads.com/lawreignsupreme Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/lawreignsupreme/

Stay tuned on the blog because in the next days I'm going to read
"Superheroes Wear Faded Denim" and I'm goint to interview the lovely author!

Thank you Law for stopping by! And readers, what are you waiting for reading the book?!

Sara x



2 commenti:

 
Images by Freepik